Tuesday, November 3, 2009

NO TV times 7

For Emily's NOVA class (newer version of DARE), they were challenged to turn off the TV for a week. We're on day three and it's amazing how much more time we seem to have. No last minute finishing homework because we forgot, no hurrying through dinner, and no constant distractions. We've completed a puzzle, played a board game, cleaned out my closet (10 DI bags) and read aloud to each other. I almost feel like a pioneer -- with indoor plumbing & electricity :) Okay, so maybe that's a going a little too far!

After next Saturday when our seven days are up, I'm sure our TV will go back on -- but hopefully we'll have learned to modify our viewing and make more time for other things!

Thanks Emily!

4 comments:

Amber Handy said...

I am very proud of you :)

Julie Kaye said...

That is awesome!! We need a week like that!!

Deanne said...

I would love that!! I'm pretty sure certain members of my family would never survive!!!

Nicolas said...

I'd have a hard time... Impressive you can bare that suffering :)